electronics / fpga design engineer
We are seeking an experienced Electronics / FPGA Design Engineer to join eg technology. Please see the job spec below.
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
We are seeking an experienced Electronics / FPGA Design Engineer to join eg technology. Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.
The role and responsibilities:
This role requires a logical thinker to analyse and solve problems using a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation, to hands on prototyping and testing. Together with creating detailed and innovative electronics designs, the successful applicant will represent the business, interacting with clients and suppliers as well as members of internal project teams.
To undertake electronic hardware and FPGA development. Including detailed design, schematic entry, PCB layout, prototyping and transfer to manufacture as required for individual projects.
Electronics design to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Ideal candidate requirements:
A logical thinker to solve electronic design requirements with a good honours degree or equivalent in electronics engineering or similar who can demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in using (FPGA design tools for design, simulation, synthesis and verification.
- A theoretical but practical and pragmatic approach to creating innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- A proactive and rational approach to the management of ambiguity and uncertainty in projects and technology.
- Comprehensive experience in electronics concept development, detailed design and design for manufacture in a safety regulated environment in accordance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Experience in electronics design for microcontroller-based systems.
- Experience in analogue and digital electronics design at component level such as: input signal conditioning and conversion, power supplies, communication buses, output drivers and peripheral interfacing.
- Proficiency in using tools for Electronic Design Automation (EDA), especially for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Hands on skills in soldering, building and reworking of prototypes.
- An understanding and practical experience of the need for test procedures and logical analysis of a design or assembly to determine its suitability against a product requirements specification.
- Some experience in leading a technical team within time and budget constraints in compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon the individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our staff say...
"Getting to work on cutting edge medical technologies with incredibly bright people makes for a very satisfying career, but the friendly atmosphere and culture here is what really makes eg a fantastic place to work."