Software Group Lead
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to lead, build and develop the software team’s capabilities. As group lead, you should have experience managing a team and understand the importance of empowering your engineers.
With a strong technical background, you will oversee and work across the full software development life cycle including concept development, architectural design, detailed design, prototyping, build, release and test. Our software design work is undertaken in accordance with industry standards, including IEC 62304 and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
All Group Leads at eg technology actively support the sales process and are part of the management team. We work for a wide range of clients and, therefore, it is important that you are able to express technical detail to non-technical people.
experience and personal attributes:
We welcome applicants with the following:
- A good 2:1 or above honours degree in computing, science, maths, engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience of leading software teams.
- Competence and credibility in a client facing role for both sales/account management and project delivery.
- Ideally experienced in the full software development life cycle in an industry driven by safety requirements. An understanding of the requirements for software development for medical devices (IEC 62304) and medical device risk management (ISO 14971) would be an advantage.
- Extensive hands-on experience in more than one of the following areas:
- Building applications using at least one of C/C++, C#, Java, Rust or Assembler.
- Developing software for at least one of Windows, Linux, Android or iOS operating systems.
- Embedded development using RTOS or on bare metal.
- Agile methodologies, e.g. Scrum.
- Understand the principles of Test Driven and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Familiar with the application and management of automated build and continuous integration tools.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to buy-back additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year
- Generous matched contribution company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Investment in professional development and learning
- We have a flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon the individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
Please include in your application a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, a CV and any supporting information.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our staff say...
"Getting to work on cutting edge medical technologies with incredibly bright people makes for a very satisfying career, but the friendly atmosphere and culture here is what really makes eg a fantastic place to work."