mechanical/industrial design engineer graduate
We are offering the opportunity for an exceptional graduate to join our team.
For more information on University Graduates at eg technology, along with a presentation given to students by Aishwarya Pattar, Software Engineer, please see https://www.egtechnology.co.uk/page/university-graduates.
eg technology are a product engineering design and development specialist based in Cambridge, UK. We create the next generation of medical devices and consumer products, making a positive difference to how people live.
At eg we engineer real products based on our collective engineering experience and innovative thinking and have a great record of delivering inspiring and successful products across a wide range of market sectors. We know how to get products to market for our clients by specialising in industrial and mechanical design, human factors, electronic and software engineering, project management and quality assurance.
We value team work and collaboration. We are client-centric, open, honest and share our ideas, experience and knowledge across projects. This creates a supportive, enjoyable and relaxed environment for our valued team, which we are currently looking to grow.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a motivated and creative graduate to join our team in late summer 2022.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who combines creativity, logical thinking, and attention to detail and who can use their strong design/engineering/scientific background to analyse and solve design challenges across varied developmental projects. You will use a variety of approaches including concept creation and embodiment, theoretical modelling and simulation, detail design and development, hands-on prototyping, testing, and producing documentation for manufacture. You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle from meeting clients and generating initial ideas, through engineering development, to the delivery of working designs and transfer to manufacture.
Your continued development is paramount to us and we will therefore offer tailored guidance and support whilst working on interesting and challenging projects.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
You will contribute as part of a team to work from client instructions on concept development, refinement, evaluation, prototyping, testing, detail design, design for assembly and transfer to manufacture as required for individual projects.
Design work and deliverables to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A flair for creating and developing innovative and practical solutions to challenging problems often with stringent requirements.
- An understanding of the skills and tools used in problem analysis, concept development, detail design, evaluation and manufacture of, medical devices, lab instrumentation, food and drink industry processing and manufacturing equipment, industrial products and consumer products.
- Knowledge and evidence of use of strong CAD skills, ideally in Solidworks.
- Knowledge of different prototyping and manufacturing processes and their suitability at different stages of the product development process and for different applications.
- Knowledge of aesthetic design and user interaction would be an advantage.
- An ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts through personal interactions, presentations, sketches and written reports.
- A keen eye for attention to detail across all of their work.
- A proactive and rational approach to the management of ambiguity, unknown factors and risks in projects.
- The skills to plan projects and manage their time effectively and efficiently against project time and budget constraints.
- An open attitude to working in a peer-review culture of project and design work.
- On track to achieve or have a relevant honours degree with a minimum of a 2:1.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon the individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
Please include in your application a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, a CV and any supporting information.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.
What our staff say...
"Getting to work on cutting edge medical technologies with incredibly bright people makes for a very satisfying career, but the friendly atmosphere and culture here is what really makes eg a fantastic place to work."