Senior industrial Design Engineering Role
We are seeking a Senior Industrial Design engineer with a creative flair and passion for design to develop creative solutions to exciting design and engineering challenges in the medical, diagnostic, laboratory, consumer and food and drink industries. With a proven track record of delivering designs and projects in these sectors, and someone with experience of working on multidisciplinary product development of different time scales and budgets.
You will have an extensive understanding of aesthetic design, usability and design for manufacture. Having in-depth knowledge of engineering principles, practices and manufacturing processes, enables you to design products to stringent performance, cost, assembly and manufacturing requirements. Design will be your passion and you will have excellent sketching, illustration, visualisation, graphic design and presentation skills. You will use these to present ideas, concepts and development options to internal and external teams at all stages of the product development life cycle. Having excellent time management skills will be enable you to balance your workload over multiple projects and deliver design work to tight timescales. You may have experience of leading product development teams and experience of an ISO 13485 quality management system that encompasses document issue and revision control.
Your continued development is important to us and we will offer opportunities for you to extend your knowledge, enhance your technical capabilities, and have an impact on all areas of the business.
Experience and personal attributes:
We welcome applicants with the following:
- A first or 2:1 honours degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Design Engineering or equivalent.
Excellent skills in, and evidence of, designing creative solutions to complex design challenges as part of a logical design process within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, thoroughness, pride and passion in your design work. We expect a flair for sketching, both digital and paper based, for conveying ideas, concepts and storyboards quickly and attractively.
- Comprehensive experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks, for solid and surface modelling, 2D engineering drawings and data management (PDM).
- High levels of capability and experience in visualisation and rendering software such as Adobe suite (PS, Ai, ID as a minimum), Sketchbook, and Keyshot. You will also have a high level of competency with MS Office software, and possibly other design, UI, animation analytical or simulation software.
- Applied knowledge of manufacturing processes and engineering practices, including: how to design and specify parts for different prototyping and manufacturing processes; design with performance and reliability constraints, including knowledge of how GD&T. You will understand the challenges of making, assembling, and disassembling products in different quantities.
- Skills in graphic design, print, layout, typeface and photography will be an advantage.
- Excellent hands-on prototyping, workshop, assembly and testing skills.
- Knowledge and experience of designing to physical requirements such as IP ratings, material requirements, stress, strain, shock loading, heat transfer and fluid flow. Ideally you will have experience of designing with compliance to current legislation industry and harmonised standards applicable to the project, e.g. MDD, IVDD, 14971,13485, 62366, 60529.
- Excellent time management, communication and teamworking skills ensuring that you are an active, enthusiastic, and motivating member to internal and external colleagues.
- Experience of other parts of working within a consultancy will be an advantage such as project management, business development, technical document writing and marketing.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to buy-back additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year
- Generous matched contribution company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Investment in professional development and learning
- We have a flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
Please include in your application a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, a CV and any supporting information.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.
What our staff say...
"I joined eg technology because I wanted a career in which I could be involved with designing medical devices. By joining a small company, I can fully immerse myself into a project and be involved with various, if not all, stages of the design process. Unlike most graduate schemes, rather than starting a job by going through a long training phase, I was involved in meetings and given projects within my first few days. This practical way of learning, and the one-to-one support to help me overcome hurdles, has allowed me to learn so much so early on in my career."