We are offering an amazing opportunity for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team where they will be able to develop their engineering design skills to take on increasing challenges and responsibilities within the growing design team.
Please email a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology together with your CV and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
experienced Mechanical Design Engineering Role
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients to achieve the remarkable.
Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after our staff and clients, which means our staff stay and our clients come back. We do interesting work with outstanding people, winning business with integrity.
Teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication are integral to delivering results, both internally and externally. We are offering an amazing opportunity for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team where they will be able to develop their engineering design skills to take on increasing challenges and responsibilities within the growing design team. Does this sound like the place for you – why not join us?
Brief description of the role:
The successful applicant will have experience in theoretical, mathematical skills alongside more practical modelling and design approaches to analyse, quantify and explore solutions to problems whilst ensuring that solutions are feasible, practical and have potential to be made into actual devices in high and low volumes.
As skills develop, there may be Project Management opportunities involving taking responsibilities for some aspects of specific projects.
As a key part of the team, you will work with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams. You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle from generating initial ideas, assessing the feasibility of concepts, assisting with the delivery of designs and producing documentation suitable for manufacture. You will have contact with clients, suppliers and contractors.
Mechanical engineering challenges on multi-disciplinary projects in the medical, diagnostic, laboratory, consumer and food and drink industries. You will exercise skills built on your developing knowledge of mechanical design disciplines, processes and industry standards applicable to relevant projects. The ability to work within an ISO 13485 quality management system is essential.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- To have the ability to demonstrate experience in understanding, analysing and solving mechanically focused challenges and problems, such as stress / strain / shock loading requirements, fluid flow and thermal management.
- To have good experience of 3D CAD preferably SolidWorks for solid modelling, simulation, engineering drawings and data management with a good level of competency with MS Office skills, such as Excel and other analytical and / or simulation software.
- To show through presentations, experience and knowledge of designing products with physical requirements and design for assembly, disassembly and efficient transfer to high, mid or low volume manufacture.
- Having an interest in developing Project Management skills.
- To have experience of product development skills in understanding specific design requirements, controls and documentation for medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory and test equipment.
- To ideally have experience of designing with compliance to current legislation industry and harmonised standards applicable to the project, eg MDD, IVDD, 14971,13485, 62366, 7010, 60529.
Do you fancy the challenge?
The job details are also available by downloading the PDF in the Downloads section below.
What our clients say...
"We are absolutely delighted by the quality of work. eg technology have consistently delivered over and beyond our expectations and we look forward to working with them throughout the future development of our product.”
"We selected eg technology because they seemed to be the most pragmatic and focused of the companies that we had discussed the project with. They did not let us down. At every stage they offered practical solutions and a workable programme – always a priority when you are a smaller company. They consistently delivered on time and came up with really innovative ideas and solutions to deliver for us."