HR & Finance administrator
We are seeking an HR and Finance Administrator to join eg technology and be a key part in our admin team reporting to the Director responsible for corporate services. Please see the job spec below.
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
The role and responsibilities:
Working closely within the Admin team to ensure the smooth running of the business with day-to-day administration including:
Responsibility for recruitment activities and administration internally and externally focused
- Knowledge of vacancy advertising platforms including LinkedIn
- Creating, management and publishing of adverts
- Processing applicants from receipt of CVs through interview to hire
- Onboarding and off boarding employees
- Continued development of HR processes and HR management system software
- Liaison and coordination with external recruiters
- Universities liaison and development of Placement programme
- Managing work experience
- Continued development of eg recruitment program to deliver to our aim of being the chosen product development company for employees.
Maintenance of GDPR compliance
Assisting with Accounts processes as required
- Entering supplier invoices in Quickbooks (training of Quickbooks will be given)
- Cover support for and creating supplier purchase orders
Assisting the admin team in:
- Answering the telephone and processing calls, including diverting calls and taking messages
- Welcoming visitors to the office, preparation of meeting rooms including arranging refreshments and lunches
- Ad hoc dealing with post and couriers, organising outgoing domestic and occasional international shipments and occasional travel arrangements
ideal candidate requirements:
- Proven experience and good practice in recruitment area of HR is essential
- Experience of using HR recruitment and management software
- A-level or equivalent HR qualification CIPD level 3 or working towards level 5 is desirable
- Experience of bookkeeping or working within an accounts department would be desirable
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great organisation skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team with good communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and flexible attitude, good personal time management and a good sense of humour
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 suite
This is a full-time role based at eg Cambridge, Stow-cum-Quy office. Salary will be dependent upon individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Your continued development is important to us and we will offer opportunities and support.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
Please include a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, a CV and any supporting information.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.
The job details are also available by downloading the PDF
What our staff say...
"During my year at eg, I was able to put into practice some of the theory I was taught during my first two years at university, and in addition to this I also learnt new practical skills. I participated in a wide range of projects and tasks within the software and electronics teams, such as high-level software, electronics design or embedded software. Working within a small company has meant that I have been more involved in the projects such as taking part in group and client meetings. Working at eg technology has really helped me to build my confidence in my work."