Senior Mechanical Design Engineering Role
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join eg technology.
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market, but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join eg technology. Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application!
The role and responsibilities:
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be a key member of the Mechanical Engineering team, using your knowledge and experience to provide creative yet realistic technical contributions to projects, whilst also working with the directors and client to steer the project towards success. As a senior engineer you will work on multiple projects with levels of involvement ranging from technical lead, to hands-on designer, contributor and reviewer. In addition to technical engineering work, a senior engineer will have project management responsibilities including management of commercial aspects of a project, internal teams, clients, suppliers and contractors.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record over a range of projects where they have demonstrated exceptional engineering skills covering concept creation, theoretical and mathematical modelling, risk analysis, CAD development, practical modelling, testing, submission to manufacture and verification. They will take a logical and comprehensive approach to quantify, analyse and develop potentially complex solutions to problems whilst ensuring that their output remains feasible, practical and will therefore be made into actual devices in high and low volumes.
Our projects demand solutions to difficult mechanical engineering challenges on multi-disciplinary projects in the medical, diagnostic, laboratory, consumer and food and drink industries. A successful candidate will have delivered designs and projects in these sectors and will work within an ISO 13485 quality management system as default, as well as to standards applicable to relevant projects.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- A good 2:1 or above honours degree in mechanical design, industrial design, engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent skills in, and evidence of, application of core mechanical engineering such as stress/strain/shock loading analysis, intricate mechanism design, fluid flow, thermal analysis, FEA, specification of materials, tolerance analysis and manufacturing processes.
- To show evidence of designing creative solutions to complex design challenges with requirements and restrictions associated with performance, usability, environment, materials, space, weight, cost, traceability and documentation.
- To have comprehensive experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks, for solid and surface modelling, simulation, engineering drawings and data management. You will also have a high level of competency with MS Office software, and other design, analytical or simulation software.
- A proven track record in design for assembly, disassembly and efficient transfer to low, mid or high volume manufacture.
- The ability to demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, thoroughness, pride and passion in your design work.
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills ensuring that you are an active, enthusiastic and motivating member to internal and external colleagues. Relish the position of being technical lead, will have some experience on project management, and will understand the interpersonal skills that are required in both roles.
- To ideally have experience of designing with compliance to current legislation industry and harmonised standards applicable to the project, eg MDD, IVDD, 14971,13485, 62366, 60529.
Please visit our Careers Section to find out more about eg technology, career development of our staff, the benefits we offer and testimonies of why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon individual candidate’s expertise and experience. Interviews can commence at the earliest convenience.
You will be directed to eg technology-factorialhr
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our staff say...
"I joined eg technology because I wanted a career in which I could be involved with designing medical devices. By joining a small company, I can fully immerse myself into a project and be involved with various, if not all, stages of the design process. Unlike most graduate schemes, rather than starting a job by going through a long training phase, I was involved in meetings and given projects within my first few days. This practical way of learning, and the one-to-one support to help me overcome hurdles, has allowed me to learn so much so early on in my career."