We are committed to delivering intuitive and safe medical products that meet the highest standards of quality and usability.
We are therefore offering an amazing opportunity for a motivated and skilled Human Factors Engineer to join our team in 2024 as we expand our capabilities in Human Factors and Usability Engineering.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your Human Factors and Usability Engineering principles to help develop products and devices within a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers. You will excel at working in a team of like-minded design engineers and will be comfortable engaging with multi-disciplined internal teams, clients, and sub-contractors.
The role will be responsible for delivering all aspects of Human Factors or Usability Engineering deliverables on projects. This will involve using a variety of methodologies to analyse and evaluate novel innovative products while ensuring compliance to standards such as IEC 62366 to meeting regulatory requirements.
You will work to ensure that the products developed on projects are designed with the end-user in mind. This may include user insight or Voice of the Customer research.
You will ensure that all Usability Engineering activities and deliverables will be undertaken in accordance with relevant industry and regulatory standards and guidelines (including IEC 62366) and work within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
You will need to be familiar with applying a variety of suitable Human Factors methodologies to analyse and evaluate the use-related aspects of a product throughout the development lifecycle. This will involve:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify, mitigate and document use-related risks
- Usability Testing: Plan, moderate, and analyse usability tests to evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction of the products within the context of use
- Generate actionable insights to inform design improvements from the analysis and evaluation activities
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of all Usability Engineering activities, including test protocols, reports and other supporting documentation for technical file and regulatory submissions.
You will work closely with our project managers, product development teams, and other stakeholders to integrate usability considerations into the design and development process. You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and need to liaise with 3rd party contractors, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 25 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year, a portion of which will be tax-free through the EOT model*
- Generous matched contribution company pension scheme
- Private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Investment in professional development and learning
- A flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
*Being part of an Employee Ownership Trust has various benefits to our team, which we would be happy to share during the interview process.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com.
About eg technology
eg technology is an integrated product design, engineering and development consultancy, based in Cambridge. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. We have extensive expertise in product design across MedTech, Lab & BioTech, VetCare, CleanTech, AgriTech, Consumer and Food & Drink sectors.
We are a team of 50 people focused on developing innovative, beneficial, and exciting products for our clients, through electronics, software and mechanical engineering, industrial design, human factors, technical due diligence & project management.
We value teamwork and collaboration. We are client-centric, open, honest and share our ideas, experience and knowledge across projects. This creates a supportive, enjoyable and relaxed environment for our valued team, which we are currently looking to grow.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.